10 English Lesson Plans for Teachers to Build Students Fluency
These lesson plans are designed to help you teach English as a second language to students who have limited English proficiency.
This resource includes lesson plans that cover topics in English grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, reading comprehension, writing skills, and other areas.
Students with limited English proficiency often struggle when learning new words. To build fluency, teachers should use a variety of strategies, such as repetition, visual aids, and modeling. In addition, teachers should focus on building vocabulary by using real-world examples and teaching key concepts through activities.
Thanks for joining me for another video blog post! Today’s video shares 8 ways to build fluency in grades K-5 (and beyond!).
Links mentioned in the video:
- Video blog post: What you need to know about sight words
- My page of phonics printables
- Reading Fluency Table from Reading A to Z
- Shel Silverstein’s poetry books: Falling Up, Where the Sidewalk Ends, A Light in the Attic
- Jack Prelutzky poetry books: The New Kid on the Block, A Pizza the Size of the Sun, It’s Raining Pigs and Noodles
- My Reader’s Theater Scripts – Familiar Tales for Grades 1-3
- 10 ways to build fluency